Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Good Time on the Treadmill

This week I've decided to only run once per day leading up to the Warrior Dash on Sunday. I'm still doing other cardio, like the spin bike, elliptical, walking uphill on the treadmill, walking at the lake, and the stair treadmill.

Yesterday was kinda busy for me. I had to train, eat, go to the dentist, and squeeze in a little bookwork. My morning exercise was an hour on the spin bike. After the bike I headed to the gym and ran 3 miles in 23:49. I think that's my best time yet. I didn't feel as if I was going to die while doing it either. I spent the remainder of the 30 minutes allotted for the treadmill walking slowly uphill. I didn't have time to lift, so I went home to eat before going to the dentist. Late in the evening Kim, Jumping Jack Flash & I walked 2.25 miles around the lake for my final exercise of the day.

My newest jogging related injury (I have a new one every few days now) is a very sore left heel/tendon. It really hurts walking down stairs. I need to baby it for a day or so and then be ready for at least two outdoor runs before Sunday.

Great eating so far this week (meaning Monday and breakfast on Tuesday). Cereal in the AM, lean cuisine for lunch, NS snack, NS dinner, more cereal, and finally a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. ~2100 calories. Burning between 4000-4500 most days I train. Weekends I let the calories get high & not worry about it. I think the middle of June is when I'll go back to being "on" during the weekends too.

Today I'm gonna get my hour on the bike, run on the treadmill at the gym, train chest (& maybe shoulders), stair treadmill, & walk around the lake. All that after I get the HVAC repaired this morning. Priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment