Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Still Here

After a weekend off from running (letting a sore foot heal) I'm still not back to where I was before we went to Myrtle Beach. My eating has been good (other than the weekend), but my training has been sub par.

Monday I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, but it seemed like it took forever. I also rode the spin bike about 45 minutes too. The bike is still easy, so at least there's that. I returned to my strength training after taking the previous week off. Monday was chest day. 3 sets of machine presses, 3 sets of incline presses, and 3 sets of machine flies. Afterward I did about 15 minutes on the elliptical to finish my workout.

Tuesday I was able to run outside. Horrible. I ran about 2 miles and slowed to a walk for a bit. Then I picked up the pace for about half a mile, then slowed again for a bit, then finished off running the rest. 3.75 miles. It felt like 30. Once back home I hit the spin bike for 30 minutes and then got ready for the gym. My plan was to run intervals on the treadmill. 2.5 minutes at level 6, then .5 minutes at level 9, repeating until I'd run about 30 minutes or so. I made it ten minutes. The workout wasn't too hard, nor was I winded or hurting, I just felt exhausted overall. I slowed to an uphill walk for ten minutes, and wanted to finish the last ten minutes at a 7mph jog. Nope. I made it about 5 minutes and then returned to my uphill walk. Yup, it sucked. My workout for Tuesday was shoulders. 3 sets of shoulder presses, 3 sets of lateral raises, 3 sets of upright rows, 3 sets of shoulder shrugs, and 3 sets of rear delts. Again I returned to the elliptical trainer for about 12 minutes to complete my gym workout.

Food has been cereal and protein shakes in the AM. Sushi for lunch. Dinner during the past two days was seared swordfish on Monday & grilled jerked salmon on Tuesday. PM snacks have been either skinny cow treats or more cereal.

Wednesday I hope to push a good outside run (even at a slow pace, whatever, just finish without having to walk) and then some type of interval cardio at the gym, followed by a back workout.

Warrior Dash is rapidly approaching. We've finally secured a very nice looking cabin for the weekend. Kim's trying to plan a practice run at our lake the weekend before. If she can get it together it should be fun. If you're running it (or just wanna come run through the fields with us) let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment