Saturday, May 15, 2010

One Week Out!

The rest of the week my training (& eating) has been all over the place. After getting left in the dust on my Tuesday run I had to take Wednesday off, but then ran a fast paced (for me) 3 mile run on the treadmill on Thursday. 3 miles in 24:17. Then I trained shoulders and triceps. Easy workout. 3 exercises for shoulders (military presses, rear delts, and side lateral raises) and two for triceps (press downs, and rope press downs). Friday I was unable to train again because I had to unexpectedly work some during the day. Saturday Kim and I ran in the AM and then walked late in the evening. I hope to get in a run on Sunday morning and then get in a workout later in the afternoon. I've been working the spin bike back into my daily routine. At least an hour on the bike, every other morning. I've also added some stair work. No more than 15 minutes at a time, only at a moderate pace. Adding these to my routine has pushed me above the 4500 calorie burn level easily each day.

Next week I've decided I'm only going to run once a day leading up to the Warrior Dash on Sunday. One day inside, the next outside, and repeat until Sunday. I've also decided not to train legs again until after the run. No need in being sore the day of the run.

My meals have been good for the most part. Every day begins with granola cereal. Lunch is typically a lean cuisine or protein shake. Some days I eat another bowl of cereal after my workout, some days I have yogurt, and occasionally I have a lean cuisine. Dinner is usually grilled fish (still). Twice this week I ate "out". Wednesday we had dinner at an Indian restaurant (I had a chicken dish and ate less than half, last year I'd have eaten 2 meals) and Friday we ate sushi. Not perfect eating, but not bad. I'm still not concerned with eating off once or twice a week. I think sometime in June I will return to a very strict (no "off" meals) routine for a while and try to push down below 190.

So next week is the Dash. The week after I'm in Texas for a bit. The next week is my Dad's birthday, followed by my birthday in the middle of June. I think just after my birthday I'll make the change.

I read a great post this evening by a friend on NS. She commented on how eating bad foods make her physically ill, and how she feels successful because the change in diet has become a change in lifestyle. I've felt the same way for a while. If I ate a cheeseburger I'd be sick for days. While I do still eat my off meals, I do control the portions (one of my main goals to master on NS) and never over eat. Her post mirrored a lot of the feelings and thoughts I had, but stated them a little better. I think she received a little hate mail as a result (just as I did when I attempted a similar post after the first of the year). Anyway, I feel ya Lili. Keep at it!

1 comment:

  1. All caught up now. And for the record (again) I don't worry with what you eat. You have the Bugg so I know you can track most items. Plus my PT has me "resting" as well. She likes the idea of a few months hard core then a free months less intense on everything. That way we don't get strung out, give bodies time to relax a bit, and enjoy ourselves. About three more weeks and I'll see where I'm at.

    A full sized fast food hamburger would kill me now. No doubt.

    And as for the hater mail, pppssssbbbttthhh. I deleted them b/c she was nasty to others instead of aiming only at me. Not cool. Not happening on my site.

    I wished I could be there to cheer you on for the race!

    ReplyDelete