Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Full of Asian Foods

Friday I returned to running outside. It was terrible. My first problem was my foot. The bottom of my right foot hurt (I guess from running so much on Thursday after having so many days off). The second problem was I was running later than usual, thus a little warmer than usual. And finally I extended the run from 3 miles to 4.3 miles. The first part of the run was great, right up until I hit the 2 mile mark. I decided to walk a bit and then run some more. Overall I was very unhappy with the run, but I burned a lot of calories (~1000). I later went to the gym planning to get a 3 mile run on the treadmill. The sucking continued. I managed another 2 miles and then retreated to the elliptical. Finally late Friday evening Kim & I walked 2 miles around the lake, bringing my total to around 9 miles for the day. I burned ~4400 calories on the day, but never really got in the intensity out of the workouts I was looking for.

Saturday Kim & I went to Atlanta to look at some wedding dresses for her. The only exercise of the day was a 30 minutes ride on the spin bike before we left. I did get a little walking in at various shopping locations, but noting with any intensity.

Sunday I planned to run outside, but my foot was still sore from all the running on Thursday/Friday, so I decided to get all of my cardio in on the spin bike. I'll return to both running (albeit on the treadmill because we're expecting lots of rain) and training Monday morning.

My eating on Friday and Saturday was good for some meals, not so much for others. Friday everything was great in the AM (cereal, protein shake, and then sushi for lunch) but dinner was a pork (carnitas) burrito. Saturday AM was again good (cereal) and lunch was good also (Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup). Dinner again was not so good. We ate at Honey Pig in Atlanta. It's a Korean place. Lots of pig and kimchi. Yum. If you're interested in reading about our meals, check my personal blog here for pics and links to the restaurants.

Three weeks to the Warrior Dash! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment