Sunday, September 19, 2010

Adding Mileage

Today I began my training for the Tough Mudder. I'm gonna push my running a little more each week, building up to where I'm very comfortable running the 10ish miles I'll have to run in March. So for the past few weeks I've been running 3 miles in however long it takes (24-26 minutes, depending on whether or not I was running hills) and then walking a little bit to finish up my 30 minutes. A couple of days ago I decided to run 4 miles and do it in 32 minutes. That'll be my new workout a few days a week. Push 4 miles at a quick-ish pace some days, and others run hills a little slower, but still getting in 4 miles. After a few weeks, I'll lengthen the distance and start running 5 miles most runs, then repeat until I'm in the 8-10 range a few times a week.

This morning was my first real breakfast in 3 days. Kim and I went to Panera and split a bagel with cream cheese. Outstanding! I also had a chai tea latte, which I loved. Lunch was an unexpected treat. We noticed a lady sitting outside a Latino grocery store near where we were working. Kim went over to check it out and came back with half a dozen home made tamales! They were fantastic. My next meal was a Lean Body Chocolate Peanut Butter protein shake and a small amount of cottage cheese and pineapples. Dinner this evening was all fake meat products.

Today's workouts were cardio only. 2.2 mile walk this morning with Kim and JJF. 4+ miles on the treadmill (in 31:31) when the gym opened at 1. Then another 2.2 mile walk around the lake this evening. More than 8.5 miles on the day.

Tomorrow is back to my original 6 meals a day eating plan, new running schedule, and a chest workout. I'll also start working Insanity and a Spin in on different days as well. Now I've got two goals to train for. The Tough Mudder and The Wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment