Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bad Run, Good Day

We got up around sunrise this morning and took Jumping Jack Flash on a walk shortly thereafter. I walked the medium distance route this morning around the lake (2.3 or so miles) and Kim headed back the quick route so she could get ready for work.

At the gym today I had one of the worst runs in recent memory. I ran 3 miles, but it seemed like every single step was difficult. Like I was having to mentally push every second. Lots of days I start out and after the first minute hit a groove. The next time I look down it's been 18 minutes and I'm nearing 2.5 miles. Not today. Just difficult today. I don't know why really. I didn't run earlier and I didn't feel tired. I did train before I ran today. But it was only a shoulder workout. The workout was 3 sets of machine shoulder presses, 3 sets of dumbbell side lateral raises, 3 sets of dumbbell upright rows, 3 sets on the rear delt machine, and 3 sets of shoulder shrugs. Tomorrow I guess I train before I run again and see how it goes.

I tried to go to the chiropractor today, but when I went by his office he was closed. And he's closed tomorrow. My back is wrecked. I've got two huge muscles knotted up on the upper left side of my back. They're so tight (and won't relax) that they're pulling me out of alignment. This is what happened before. I can at least pop my back now, but as soon as I do, the muscles just pull my spine back out of alignment. Hopefully I can get in on Friday, get some treatment (as in having him hook me up to a machine and shock my back until the muscles fatigue, relax, and then he can adjust me). My back is so tight that the muscles have started to itch. Ugh.

Kim, JJF, and I walked around the lake this evening. We took the medium route. Jack saw a cat (again) and chased it. The cat (who looks just like our cat, Puppy) dove into some very high weeds on one side of the road/trail we walk on. Jack dove in after him. A few seconds later we saw/heard some weeds/bushes moving on the other side of the path. The cat had crawled through a hidden drainage pipe to the other side to lose jack. Pretty smart kitty.

Food today was again great. Muffin for breakfast, protein shake for AM snack, LC for lunch, another shake in the middle of the afternoon, salmon and a salad for dinner, and a muffin as a dessert. Around 1500 calories on the day.

My order of Shakeology arrived today. I'll start the 3 day cleanse tomorrow, then roll back into the 1500-1600 calorie diet after. I also received a few new Insanity discs. I replaced some that were damaged, and ordered the 20 minute Fast & Furious (or something like that) workout. I'll get back to Insanity next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment