Thursday, September 9, 2010

Having to Ease My Way Back

I finally returned to the gym today. Yesterday was devoted to catching up on work, and returning to a normal eating routine. I did manage to ride the spin bike for 30 minutes and go on an evening walk last night.

Today began with more work, bookwork, and banking before I could hit the bike for half an hour. Afterward I made my way to the gym and trained arms. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead presses, and 3 sets of rope presses for triceps. Biceps began with 3 sets of rope curls, then 3 sets of incline dumbbell curls, and finally 3 sets of standing hammer curls. I had planned on running 3 miles of hills. I ended up running/walking about 2.9 miles of hills. I wasn't necessarily hurting during the run, but I never could get into a groove and felt very weak. So I'd run for a few minutes, walk a little, then run some more, then walk again, etc. 7 days off, I guess this is better than what it could be. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to run with no incline, earlier in the day, and see how I do. Before dinner JJF and I walked around the lake for my final cardio of the day.

Food today (and yesterday for that matter) has been good. Muffin for breakfast, protein shake after the bike, granola bar as a snack, shake after the gym, LC for dinner, and finally dessert of a granola bar and granola cereal.

Tomorrow is leg day. I'm gonna spin first, then run, then train. I think I'm gonna wait a few days before adding Insanity back into the mix. Maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment