Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Things Seem Easy Without Insanity

This week (and last week too) I haven't had any Insanity workouts. I finished up the week before. Without the craziness, I feel like my training is so easy now. I'm still doing 3 rounds of varied cardio and my usual strength training. Once I get my shipment of Shakeology in (tomorrow, I think) and then get through the 3 day cleanse, I'll be ready to start mixing the Insanity back in. I've been toying with the idea of trying P90 or P90X or whatever it's called. I enjoyed the Insanity so much, I'm thinking I'd like something else. I don't know what I'd do about training at the gym though. Maybe just do some treadmill/elliptical stuff at the gym for a bit. Anybody ever tried P90? Any recommendations? Any thoughts? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Today was another great day! I didn't wake up quite as early (actually overslept a little, I was tired) so I didn't run outside this morning. Instead I rode the spin bike for a little over 30 minutes as I watched a recorded episode of the West Wing. Best. Show. Ever.

Next up was the gym. I began with a back workout. 3 very poor sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of heavy t-bar rows, 3 sets of hammer rows, and 3 sets of lat pull-downs. Then on to the treadmill. I did a mile of varied paced running (between 7 & 8 mph), then a mile of HIIT varying from a walking speed of 3.5 for a minute, then running for a minute at a faster pace. Runs started at 8mph, increasing .5 each cycle until I was running at a 6 minute mile pace. Actually, at the fastest pace I felt my running form was the best. I was standing very erect, my feet were out in front of me, and my stride was very short and quick. Just like if I was running barefoot! Cool, I think. I was pretty winded after the HIIT (that's why I did it, to get in a more strenuous workout during the run), so my last mile was a varied run again, but at a slower pace (6-7). I finished up the workout with a few minutes of a slow walk.

After working some this afternoon, Jumping Jack Flash and I walked around the lake this evening. Tonight was Kim's night to work late, so it was just he and I on the evening stroll. As the temps drop, I want to start taking some of the big dogs on walks again. Still not cool enough for them though.

Food on the day was great again. Muffin for breakfast, shake for AM snack, Indian meal for lunch, shake as a PM snack. LC tortilla crusted fish for dinner, shake for dessert, and about 1/4 of a muffin on my way to bed. 1700 or so calories on the day. I'll burn 4000 or so. This new modified diet has been working perfectly. I'm never hungry, I'm staying full, and I've got plenty of energy. Some of the shakes I've been adding either a banana or some pineapple, or both. I haven't used more than a shake a day in years. I used to have four or more a day in college. I always enjoyed the simplicity and consistency of eating that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment