Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trying for a Quick Week

After training chest Monday, I've been trying to hit two body parts per day (complimentary parts, anyway) so I can finish up on Thursday and get out of town late that night. Back and biceps went well on Tuesday, and today I got in shoulders and triceps.

Tuesday's workout began with 3 sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of t-bar rows, 3 sets of seated rows, and finally 3 sets of lat pull downs. Biceps began with 3 sets of seated incline dumbbell curls, and ended with 3 HEAVY sets of standing biceps curls. Wednesday's workout began with 3 sets of shoulder presses, then 3 sets of side lateral raises, and finally 3 sets of cable upright rows. Triceps began with 3 sets of press downs, then 3 sets of overhead presses, and finally 3 sets of rope press downs. Cardio on Tuesday was terrible. My phone kept ringing, I kept getting emails, and never could get into a groove with my run. I finally quit after about 2.5 miles. Wednesday's run was much better. 3 miles in 24:30, barefoot. Not bad. I finished off the 30 minutes by walking uphill slowly. Now the bad news. An hour or so later my left foot is hurting. I don't think it's injured, just 6 days worth of barefoot running has taken its toll. It feels like i just need to rest and maybe adjust/pop the outer (pinky toe) bone in my foot/ankle. I've gotta train legs tomorrow anyway, so I might not run. Or if I do I think it'll be back in my Mizuno Waves. Some nights this week we've been able to walk, others not. I have been on the spin bike each day though. 30 minutes per day, typically in the AM. Gotta get back in the habit of riding during the Braves games.

Tuesday I got up, set up the living room, and started my Insanity workout. I only have 4 left to do. I finished the warm up, looked at Shaun T for a second, and it hit me. I couldn't stand doing any of these workouts again. I'm SICK of it. I need a break. Don't get me wrong, I've loved the workouts. I'm just burnt out. Maybe after we get back from the beach I'll start doing a couple of Insanity workouts each week. I'll have to come up with some sorta schedule. Like not doing any on or near a leg day. I won't be doing many of the 2nd month's workouts either. I really never liked them as much as the first month's. They seemed to be power kinda moves (jumps, power jumps, diamond jumps) and things that were not as cardio intensive (that's relative, the entire thing is cardio intensive). I loved Pure Cardio and Max Cardio. They'll be in the rotation pretty heavy. I did notice while doing the core cardio and balance workout that my balance has improved dramatically. I couldn't stand on one foot and stretch with out falling when I started. Now while doing hip flexor burners I don't have to hold on to anything for balance. I was kinda shocked.

Food all this week has been good. I really don't remember what all I've had, but it's been good and on plan. Muffins or cereal for breakfast. LC or a shake for lunch. Shake or muffin for snack. LC for dinner one night and a little roast with my parent's the other night. Muffins for late snacks. I've gone Muffin Nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment