Friday, September 17, 2010

I Think I've Got Shakeology About Figured Out

After last night's meltdown (I freaked and had some cereal late) and midnight pledge to never drink another sip of Shakeology, today has been much better. I looked up some different recipes for making the shakes. The key (so far) has been to add MILK. The taste (for me) was just awful without the milk. I've also thrown in some pineapple or banana to help. But the milk is the key.

So this morning I had a cup of coffee, a Shakeology shake with milk and a frozen banana. It was pretty good. Another shake, this time with milk and pineapple before lunch. After my workout I had a Lean Body Chocolate Peanut Butter shake. It was Fantastic! No milk required. Late in the afternoon I had another Shakeology drink before having a salad and salmon for dinner with Kim.

Before heading to the gym today I had to go to the chiropractor. Within moments of the good Doctor walking into the room he had me laid out on a table and was pushing on me. Not working so good. So I moved to a low bench, he twisted me up, and then jumped on me. RELIEF. I then began to pop like wild. Every direction he turned me something popped, released, let go, etc. I feel so much better. I may have to go back tomorrow or Monday if I'm not 100%.

I had to go buy some salad and fish before I could go to the gym, so I didn't make it until around lunch. I was worried I wouldn't have a good run/workout as a result. Couldn't have been more wrong. 4 miles in less than 31:50. Barefoot! Best run I've had in memory. I felt great the entire time. I purposefully did a baby leg workout today. 3 sets of leg extension & 3 sets of leg curls. I didn't want to do anything to upset my back.

Tomorrow is my final day of the 3 day cleanse. Well, my version of it anyway. Today has been so much better. not perfect, but better. Tomorrow might be difficult. I'll be home most of the day, tempted to eat other stuff other than my shakes and one meal. I'll try to dull the cravings with football, and the endless pizza commercials....

No comments:

Post a Comment