Monday, August 30, 2010

Don't Eat Chinese Food Before Running

Busy day today. I spent hours this morning working on some computer/work stuff before finally being able to start my Insanity workout around 10AM. About an hour later I was finished and had to hurry to make it to lunch with my mother, sister, and nephew. We ate at Drena's favorite place, Peng's Pavilion, a local Chinese joint.

After lunch I went directly to the gym. I lifted first today. 3 sets of flat bench, 3 sets of incline bench, 3 sets of decline bench, 3 sets of incline dumbbell curls, and finally 3 sets of push-ups super sets (regular push-ups followed promptly with push-ups done with my feet balanced on a large workout ball). After the lifting I jumped onto a treadmill. Again today I ran barefoot style in my Vibrams. I learned to never run after eating such a large lunch. D'oh. I felt terrible every step.

The final evxercise of the day was a walk around the lake with Kim and JJF. The temps are much better here now. Another week or two and we can start taking some big dogs with us on walks.

Food today was good. Muffin for breakfast, Chinese for lunch, muffin for snack, LC for dinner, cereal and a muffin late. Not to bad at all.

Tomorrow I'm gonna hit Insanity early, do some book work, run, and double up muscle training at the gym. I'm gonna try to do back and biceps together so I can shorten the workout week down a day and train legs on Thursday. I don't want to miss a leg workout this week and be in an ill mood because I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment