Friday, August 6, 2010

Run & Skunk

Today began with me actually waking up nearly on time. A muffin and some granola cereal for breakfast then I was off to the gym.

I had been arguing with myself all night as to what I would do for cardio today and I hadn't come up with an answer when I stepped onto the treadmill. I decided I'd just start running and stop when I got tired, train legs, then run some more. I ran nearly 6.7 miles before I stopped. I finished 6 miles in ~51 minutes then slowed a little at the end and walked a little to cool down. Legs began with 3 sets of leg presses, then 3 sets of true squats, followed by 3 sets of leg extensions. Hamstrings consisted of only 2 exercises. 3 sets of seated leg curls & 3 sets of weighted hyper-extensions. While at the gym I took in 4 pounds of water.

Back at home I had a protein shake, rested a little, then got ready for Insanity. Today was Max Interval Circuit. I did decent with the workout. Towards the end I was quite tired, but pushed through as best I could. The full body drill at the end kills me. It's a combination of 4 various drills in the plank position, done in one big set, 3 times each interval. After that I'm just spent.

Once I finished up with Insanity for the day I cooled off yet again, I decided I had time to get on the spin bike before Kim got home. I made it 15 minutes. I gave up on any more cardio and decided to eat some turkey as a snack. I was trying very hard not to eat too much during the day.

We went out for dinner this evening. Sitar in Chattanooga. It's our favorite little Indian place. Kim had fish tikka masala and I had chicken tikka masala. Of course I had to have a mango lasi and some chai tea. We also ordered some garlic naan and puri. I also ordered some chana sag to bring home and eat tomorrow. Dessert was a few bites of Ice Cream back here in Ctown.

Just as we were pulling in the driveway on our way home, the horrible, powerful, sickening smell of wet skunk hit us (in the car with the windows rolled up!). We got out of the car and were greeted by our Jack Russell. Yep, he'd been sprayed by a skunk again. This is the second time in as many weeks. You'd think he'd learn to leave skunks alone....

No comments:

Post a Comment