Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another Fit Test

After pushing yesterday's Insanity Fit Test and Workout back a day due to the 10 mile run, I had to suck it up and do it today. I am a little sore from the 10 miles. My quads and hams feel like I had a really good leg workout about 4 days ago. My ankles and calves fell somewhat fatigued and weak, but otherwise I'm not hurting too bad. Last night I was TIRED though.

I started the day with a muffin and some granola cereal. The muffin was a new cinnamon type muffin I baked last night. Each muffin has a little under 200 calories so when I combine a muffin with something else I get plenty of calories to get through my morning workout.

At the gym this morning I began with a 3.5 mile hill run on the treadmill. I kept the pace slow and incline moderate. My body responded nicely to running again. I was afraid my feet and calves would cramp up on me. After the run I began today's back workout (I'm a day behind this week) with 3 sets of pull-ups, then 3 sets of lat pull downs, followed by 3 sets of heavy T-bar rows, and finally 3 sets of seated rows. My post workout meal was a protein shake with a room temp banana mixed in. NEVER AGAIN. I must have frozen bananas! Thus I'll be going to the grocery store this evening.

Next up (after a small amount of book work so I could rest a little) was the Insanity Fit Test. This is my 4th time doing the test. It never gets any easier. Actually, it gets harder every time because I can push myself harder each time. Ugh. Results below:

ExerciseDay 1Day 15Day 36Day 50
Switch Kicks59687677
Power Jacyk56697172
Power Knees85120125130
Power Jumps35576572
Globe Jumps7121313
Suicide Jumps13212325
Push Up Jacks35455559
Low Plank Oblique40607274

Marginally better in everything except Globe Jumps. Maybe in two more weeks I can get one more jump in. I'm kinda tired by that point though.

After the fit test I rested a bit (creating this post and updating my results) before going back for more Insanity. Today is the Max Interval Circuit. This is day 50 of the program. The Max workouts are still kicking my ass. I fail out every time. Maybe at the end of the next two weeks I'll get to where I can stay in every set. I do think doing Insanity has increased my overall cardio/endurance/stamina. Pushing hard for an hour (or 45 minutes the first month) really helped me with the run yesterday. Today's actual workout was just as bad as usual. By the time I got to the final set of intervals I was exhausted. I ended up cutting it a set short. The only other workout of the day was a walk around the lake with Kim and JJF late this evening. BodyBugg has me burning over 4700 calories on the day. Pretty good considering I didn't ride the bike today.

Dinner this evening was jerked Salmon, sauteed mushrooms with green beans and onions, and some scalloped potatoes. Dessert was a protein bar and a muffin.

Tomorrow is my shoulder day at the gym. I'm gonna have to alter my cardio a little tomorrow. My ankle is sore from having on my running shoes all day (they were tied too tight). Maybe I'll run in my Vibrams tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment