Monday, August 9, 2010

Catching Up

So I missed an Insanity Workout over the weekend. I knew my schedule today was gonna be altered due to a conference call at 11AM, so I decided to catch up on my missed workout this morning. Around 9:30 I started Max Plyo and finished up just as my father arrived for the call. We waited around for 30 minutes before contacting the other party only to realize the call was actually scheduled for Tuesday at 11. So we'll be meeting again tomorrow morning for the call. The good news is the Max Plyo workout was easier today. Not so much easier, well not at all really, but I handled it much better. I did fail out and need rest on some of the exercises, but overall I did fairly well.

I didn't make it to the gym until around 1PM. It felt considerably hotter than usual inside. Not sure if it really was or if I was just already hot from earlier. It really doesn't matter, it's so hot outside here (96-98 today) you can only cool a building so much. Anyway, I started with a 3+ mile jog (varied speeds between 6-8mph) then walked about 10 minutes to cool down. My chest workout today consisted of 3 sets of flat hammer strength presses, 3 sets of incline presses, 3 sets of decline presses, and 2 sets of machine flies. After my second set of flies I felt like I was pretty well spent and called it quits one set early.

Back at home I readied myself for the second round of Insanity on the day. Max Cardio. Again, MUCH better this time than last week. I was really a little worried about how poorly I preformed last week with the new workouts, but now I feel much better after doing better on both workouts today. This is how I'll do the Fit Test from now on as well. Fit Test in the AM, workout in the PM. Kim, JJF, and I walked around the lake as the sun went down and the temps dropped for my final exercise of the day.

Diet was pretty good today. Muffin and yogurt for breakfast. Granola as a snack before the gym. Left over chana sag after the gym. Turkey late in the afternoon. Dinner was a tiny bite of fake chicken, green beans, squash, and salad. After dinner I had some granola cereal and 1/2 a muffin. The BodyBugg has me burning over 4500 calories on the day. Not too shabby.

Tomorrow is Max Interval Circuit for Insanity & a back workout at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment