Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Exhausted

I had a decent run around lunch today to begin my training. The first two miles were in just under 15:20, and then I slowed a little for the third mile. After the third mile I walked a bit to cool off before starting my shoulder workout. The workout began with 3 sets of hammer strength shoulder presses, then 3 sets of side lateral raises, followed by 3 sets of rope pulley upright rows, then 3 sets of machine rear delts, and finally 3 sets of shoulder shrugs.

The next part of my daily routine was the Insanity Max Interval Plyo workout. I did good for the first 1/2 of the workout. The next 10 minutes I ground to a halt. With around 20 minutes left I had to stop, hit pause, and rest in the floor. I thought that maybe if I waited around 5 or 10 minutes and recovered I could finish the workout. I tried and made it about a minute. I felt completely drained. I'd had about 64 oz of water just before and during the workout, so I wasn't dehydrated, I was just tired. I decided I needed food and ate a frozen Indian dinner.

When Kim got home this evening we went grocery shopping before going on our evening walk with Jumping Jack Flash. The walk was my only other exercise of the day. I skipped the spin bike all together.

I'm probably gonna skip the Insanity Recovery workout tomorrow. I think I'll run a little more than usual instead. I have a good bit of work to do tomorrow, so it'll be hard to squeeze in the Insanity anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment