Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crappy Luncy Followed by a Crappy Run

Crappy. That sums up my day.

Breakfast was ok. A muffin and some granola. Lunch was no good. We ended up at the Cheesecake Factory. Blah. I tried the fish tacos. I should have just gotten a slice of cheesecake instead. They were blah. I ended up eating bread with butter afterward, which was delicious.

Once home from my day riding around in Atlanta I went on a run OUTSIDE. The temperature felt great. My new Vibram Bikila's felt great. I ran a decent pace from the house out to the end of the big dam of our lake (.94 miles) and stopped to return a phone call (I heard my dad's ring tone and knew I needed to call back or else I wouldn't have stopped). Once off the phone I noticed my right heel was hurting a little. I slipped off the back part of my shoe to find the blister which I thought had already healed to be bleeding. Lovely. I had to walk home with my right shoe half on/half off. Maybe a few more days and I'll be able to run in the Vibrams again. Blisters suck. I thought I was gonna get lucky with these new shoes. This seems to always happen to me when I get a new pair. Oh well, a few days of blisters, then a year or so of good use.

TOMORROW I make my return to the gym and Insanity. Two days off and I'm hating it. I could tell this evening I was in a bad mood (partially from the terrible fish tacos). I should be all better in the AM after a good workout. Maybe I'll even get up and run (wearing socks and shoes) before running at the gym.

2 comments:

  1. blame mom on cheesecake factory. Her idea. Mine wasn't good either. I think Oliver's was the best.

    ReplyDelete