Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Leg Day

Since I'm running 2 days behind this week, I got to train legs today, on Sunday. Usually I like to just walk the dogs or get in an easy run. I did take it easy with the workout sine I had to miss last week's leg workout altogether and really don't want to be freaky sore this week.

When I arrived at the gym I began with a slow paced, barefoot (Vibrams) hill run (program) on the treadmill. I got in about 3.3 miles before slowing to a walk for a few minutes to cool down before the workout. I only did 2 exercises per muscle group today. 3 sets of heavy(ish) leg extensions followed by 3 sets of moderate true squats for quads. Hamstrings began with 3 sets of heavy seated leg curls and ended with 3 sets of heavy hyper-extensions.

The rest of the day was rest. I tried to do an Insanity workout, but my calves were exhausted from the barefoot runs of the past few days, so I gave up and decided to call it a day.

Food in the AM was good. A muffin for breakfast, protein shake before the gym, red curry chicken after the gym (kashi), and then the last of the left over chana sag. Dinner was awful. A Tombstone pizza. I suck. It was awesome!

I made some muffins late tonight to have for breakfast this week. I used a new measuring cup while preparing the mix. I didn't pay attention to the actual markings and used pints instead of cups. The muffins suck. At least I won't be tempted to eat them all day long now. I'm gonna plan out next week's meals tonight and tomorrow so I can have a good week before leaving out for the beach.

Chest, 3-4 mile run, Insanity, and a dog walk are on the schedule for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment