Monday, August 2, 2010

Fit Test Number 3

Sunday = REST. I had planned to run & do Insanity. My right foot was sore (from the 6 mile run) late Saturday night and all day Sunday. Rest was required.

Monday began my 6th week of Insanity. This week everything moves to the MAX portion of the workouts. Max circuit, max recovery, etc. My Insanity workout this afternoon began with the Fit Test. This is my 3rd time going through the test. I again did better on each exercise. I'm actually doing better than the numbers indicate. The first time I took the test, it was the only thing I did that day. Today I had already run, trained, and moved some furniture with my parents. So here's the latest fit test results:


ExerciseDay 1Day 15Day 36
Switch Kicks596876
Power Jacyk566971
Power Knees85120125
Power Jumps355765
Globe Jumps71213
Suicide Jumps132123
Push Up Jacks354555
Low Plank Oblique406072


I made the mistake of doing the Max Circuit workout immediately following the Fit Test. Doh! The first month's workouts are around 40 minutes each. This one was 60. I was dead by the end. Actually, I was in pretty bad shape during the warm up....During the workout I drank over 70 ounces of water. That's over 4 pounds of water. Crazy.

Prior to the Insanity Workout this afternoon, I trained around 11AM this morning. I began the workout with an easy 3 mile run using the Hill Program on the treadmill. Next I moved on to my chest workout. 3 sets of flat presses, 3 set of incline presses, and 3 sets of decline presses.

Late this evening JJF and I headed out on our evening walk. Kim has been feeling a little under the weather, so she didn't join us for the stroll.

I did get in some other non-training exercise today. I helped move an old bedroom suite that belonged to my grandmother. We loaded it up, moved it across town, then carried it up a flight of stairs at my parents' house. Later in the afternoon I was surprised to discover my father and our friend Robein cutting down an old, dead tree in my back yard. I gathered the hounds and brought them inside, and went out to help them get rid of the fallen tree. The work wasn't hard on either occasion, it's just very humid and warm here.

Food today has been terrific. Granola and yogurt early this morning, A turkey sandwich with a single slice of cheese for lunch (I've now given up low-fat mayo). For snacks I had some chocolate PB, a NS cookie, and 1/2 a NS granola bar. Dinner was a LC Thai Style Chicken and Noodle dinner. I also had some granola later to get in enough calories for the day.

Tomorrow I'll train back at the gym, Insanity during the afternoon, walk and spin as usual. I'm excited (terrified) to see what the next Insanity workout is. As I'm finishing up this post, my BodyBugg has me already burning over 5000 calories and it's not quite 11PM. I blew past my goal of reaching 5K one day this week. Maybe I'll get close every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment