Friday, August 13, 2010

Woke Up Tired On Leg Day

I woke this morning a little before 8AM, checked my email (I'm waiting on a few important emails for my father), checked twitter, and decided to rest for just a minute more before getting breakfast. A moment later when I opened my eyes it was 10:30. WHAT? I felt exhausted still. Not really a great way to start the day. I ran downstairs, kissed the Pug, drank some coffee, had my breakfast of a muffin & a NS apple scone, forced down some water and got ready to train.

I'm already sore in weird places (like the inner and outer portions of my lower calves?) before the run and workout. Not really a good sign of things to come. Once at the gym I ran 3.5 miles of hills on the treadmill. I kept the pace relatively slow and steady for the entire run. The leg workout began with 3 sets of smith squats, then 3 sets of hack squats, followed by 3 sets of leg presses, and finally 3 sets of leg extensions. Hamstrings work began with 3 sets of lying leg curls (heavy) and then 3 sets of weighted hyper-extensions. The workout overall wasn't that bad today. I did have one terrible calf cramp in the middle of the workout, but otherwise everything felt pretty good.





Back at home I tried to slow down and drink some extra water as I let the dogs inside and took the Pug on a walk. It's hot, crazy hot here. After tending to the hounds I had a protein shake with a banana as my post workout/pre-Insanity meal. My workout got pushed a few hours later than I wanted due to some work I had to finish. Kinda ended up being a good thing as I was much more recovered by the time I started. Today's Insanity workout was Max Cardio Conditioning. It was again very hard. I failed out on lots of sets. My form was much better today on football drills and suicide drills. All in all a good workout. Tomorrow is Core Cardio and Balance.

Dinner this evening was tortilla soup, NS veggie fajitas and veggie chorizo served on lite bread. We shared a small amount of ice cream after dinner. No walk this evening as rain showers have moved in.

I plan on running tomorrow, as long as my legs aren't freaky sore (they're already a little sore tonight). The run, plus a ride on the bike, a walk, and Insanity should make for an eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment