Thursday, August 5, 2010

Max Recovery

Thursday again began with me oversleeping a little. I beginning to think I'm just exhausted from training. I began the day with a muffin, yogurt, and a NS Cinniamon Bun Bar before heading to the gym

I decided to do something different with my cardio. Instead of just 30 minutes and then training, I'd do 30, train, then 30 more. I started off doing 1/2 of the 10K personal training program on the treadmill before training arms. The lifting started with 3 sets of overhead presses, then 3 sets of dumbbell overhead presses, and finally 3 sets of press downs for triceps. Biceps began with 3 sets of seated incline curls and ended with 3 sets of standing hammer curls. I returned to the treadmill for 10 minutes, then moved on to the elliptical for 20 more.

Once back at home I had my lunch of a turkey sandwich and a NS oatmeal cookie before resting for a bit. Then it was time for Insanity. Today's Insanity Workout was Max Recovery. ~ 50 minutes of stretching, light cardio, and somewhat difficult plank/push-up/squat work. The most difficult part of any of the workouts for me (other than the initial shock of the workout in general) has been trying to do push-ups while already being sore, and being sure of my footing/hand positions while jumping/pushing on the floor. I've caught myself twice falling (almost face/nose first) because I've perspired so much my hands are slick while doing push-ups. I need a yoga mat or something.

After Insanity I had some left over veggie meat hamburger helper and a NS Brownie. After finishing some bookwork and a little more rest I rode the spin bike for 30 minutes. That was the end of my cardio for the day. Storm clouds moved in and I didn't get to walk.

My other meals on the day were a NS Lunch Entree of Pasta with Beef (I'm trying to eat as much of the NS stuff as I can, just so we can finally get rid of it all) and a LC Lasagna dinner.

Tomorrow is leg day.....I'm gonna try to do a split cardio thing again. 30 before, train, 30 after. Not sure how my legs will cooperate. I'm trying to get myself used to doing more than 30 minutes of running at a time. Just in case I ever want to try to run something longer than a 5k. Like the USMC Mud Run, or the Tough Mudder....

No comments:

Post a Comment