Monday, August 23, 2010

Feeling Better

After a weekend of being sick I'm back feeling better today. The only exercise I managed over the weekend was the most difficult 3.5 mile run I've ever done. Don't think I'll try running while sick much more.

Today I changed the order of my training. I began the day with the Insanity Max Cardio workout. MUCH easier doing it first. I completed almost every set at a good pace. Amazing what training fresh will do for you.

Next up was the gym. I trained chest first instead of running first. 3 sets of incline presses, 3 sets of decline presses, 3 sets of machine flies, and 3 sets of seated chest press. I ran at a moderate pace and finished about 3.6 miles in 30 minutes. I walked a little more and ended up with 3.85 miles total.

After working some this afternoon I came home and finished up my Insanity for the day with Cardio Abs. 16 minutes of a decent ab workout.

One of my new pair of running shoes arrived today. The Vibram Bikila's are specifically designed for running (whereas my other Vibrams are designed for general use). The fit is a little different and some of the materials are different (these are more comfortable feeling, at least so far). I'll try them out when we walk JJF later this evening. Just walking at first tonight and maybe I'll get to run in them tomorrow at the gym.

Vibram Bikila

Vibram Bikila

No comments:

Post a Comment