Friday, August 27, 2010

Ruined The Day With an Indain Feast

Today was strange. I began the day with a yogurt, some coffee, and bookwork. After a couple of hours I finished my work for the day and decided to get my Insanity Workout in early. I did the Max Interval Circuit. Doing it first makes it so much easier. I'm not wanting to collapse into a coma the entire workout. I'm actually able to complete most of the exercises. If I do the workout later in the day I fail out on every set.

After Insanity I went to the gym and trained shoulders. 3 sets of shoulder presses, 3 sets of side lateral raises, 3 sets of upright rows, 3 sets of rear delts, and finally 3 sets of shoulder shrugs. Next I ran 4.3 miles on the treadmill. The first 3.something miles were on the random hill setting. The remaining was on a flat surface. I ran in my new Terra Planar shoes today. They too are a "barefoot" shoe. I think I'm gonna like these shoes as well. No issues with regards to blisters as yet either.

I had planned to walk this evening, but Kim and I had to go to work on a leak at one of our properties so the walk never happened. Since we were half way there already working, we drove on to our favorite Indian restaurant for dinner. I ruined what was otherwise a pretty good day with my diet. I had a chicken curry dish is a tomato cream gravy, along with a mango lassi, some chai tea, puri, and a sweet coconut naan. Delicious. Of course I had my usual dessert as well, GULAB JAMUN! We brought home chana sag and chana masala. Tomorrow's lunch/dinner!

Tomorrow is another round of Insanity, then an arm workout, followed by a run. Might run 6 miles tomorrow. I've gotta train legs on Sunday, so I know I won't be running much then.

No comments:

Post a Comment