Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 11

I've had it with NS pretzels and honey mustard pretzels. They suck. I've tried everything short of melting chocolate over them to make them edible. I'll make sure they are never in another order & if I run out of other snacks before my next shipment arrives, I'm gonna substitute a part of a protein bar (supreme protein bars rock) or maybe a sugar free chocolate pudding.

Again today I noticed that some of the soups and meals smell a little like canned dog food before they are heated up. I wasn't really bothered by this since I've been know to eat the occasional serving of corned beef hash, which REALLY smells and looks like canned dog food.

Today was arm day at the gym. My mother trained with me so we had a pretty good, quick paced rhythm going. 9 total sets for triceps & 9 sets for biceps. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of behind the head extensions, and 3 sets of rope press downs for our triceps (12-15 reps per set). 3 sets of incline curls, 3 sets straight bar curls, and 3 sets of rope curls for biceps (same reps as with triceps). Once we were finished with our muscular training we were off to the cardio area. I did my usual gym cardio of 30 at incline 11 speed of 3.3 on the treadmill.

This morning I had nutriflakes, a banana, 1 oz of bayou bacon (yes, the real deal bacon!) and a slice of bread. My morning/pre-workout snack was yogurt and grapes. Lunch was a salad, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and vegetable beef stew (NS). The uncooked stew was very reminiscent of dog chow, but heated up it was quite tasty (leaves me to wonder what dog chow heated up would taste like?). My afternoon snack was the aforementioned sucky pretzels. I couldn't even eat them all. I threw away what was left when I gave up and then had a small serving (60 calories) of sugar free chocolate pudding. Tonight for dinner I decided to try the sourdough pizza (NS). When I opened the box I thought, where is it. Big(er) box, small items inside. I cut open the packet containing the dough and found a dried up pop tart looking squarish object. Uh oh. Not looking all that appetizing. I followed the directions adding the sauce (which smelled good) and the cheese (looked liked dried up cardboard). Still didn't look to good. I added a small amount of 2% cheese and a few slices of turkey pepperoni. Looking better. The result was surprising. It was good. It probably would have been good without the added cheese, but the 2% didn't hurt for sure. Along with it I had a serving of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower (all with the cheese sauce that is included with it) from Green Giant, I think. I added 1/3 cup of pinto beans for my low GI carb. Pretty good dinner. For dessert I tried the chocolate peanut butter bar. I heated it up for a bit in the microwave and it was great.

Tomorrow is leg day at the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment