Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 4


Today I was able to eat my first 3 meals at home, so I didn't have to worry about preparing and packing a lunch to take with me. The only thing I had to eat at the job site was my afternoon snack. I noticed this evening as Kim and I were grocery shopping that I was tired. Hopefully that has more to do with having a good workout earlier in the day along with being busy all day and not from being weak from the change in my diet.

Today's breakfast was a cranberry-orange pastry (NS), a banana, a glass of lite chocolate silk (soy) milk, and a slice of multi-grain bread. I didn't like the pastry much. I've never liked an orange pastry though. Morning snack of yogurt and a banana. Lunch was parmesan pasta with broccoli (NS), and a double serving of broccoli. I liked the pasta a lot. Maybe because it was warm and filling. Afternoon snack of nacho crisps (NS), which was actually kinda good. Dinner, which I got to sit down and eat with Kim, consisted of beef strogonaoff with noodles, brussels sprouts, zucchini, a salad with olives, radishes, and onions, and a small serving of black eyed peas. Loved the beef stroganoff. To me it was as good as a regular frozen entree from stouffers or something similar. Tonight's dessert/snack was a strawberry shortcake bar (NS). It tasted a lot like strawberry chewing gum, but with the texture of a nutrition bar. Again not my favorite thing in the world, but I've eaten lots worse.



Today was arm day at the gym. 9 total sets for biceps & 9 for triceps as well. I began with the triceps workout. 3 sets of push downs (190), 3 sets of behind/overhead presses (145), and 3 sets of rope press downs (110). Each set was around 15 reps. Biceps followed with 3 sets of barbell curls (70, 80, 100), 3 sets of incline curls (35), and I finished with 3 sets of rope curls (110). Again all sets were 12 -15 reps. I followed with my usual cardio workout. 30 minutes on the treadmill, incline 11 and speed of 3.2 mph. Kim & I were unable to walk any of our hounds this evening because a large thunderstorm cell has moved into our area.

On to day 5 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment