Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 8


Today is the beginning of my second week on NS! The program has been great thus far. Good food (with the exception of the pretzels) and great results (I lost 10lbs. in the first 7 days).

Mondays are chest days at the gym for me. I started out with 3 sets of decline hammer strength presses (272, 292, 312) for 12-15 reps, then incline hammer strength presses (~200, 220, 200) for sets of 12-15 (I was already tired from the decline presses which I usually do in reverse order from today), then it was on the incline flies. 3 sets again (60, 70, & 75 # dumb bells) for sets of 12. Same cardio as usual, 30 minutes incline 11 speed 3.2 on the treadmill. My final activity of the day was a 30 minute walk around the lake with Kim and Jumping Jack Flash Gordon (our Jack Russell).

Monday's meals started with Nutriflakes ceral (NS & yum) with a banana, a slice of multi-grain bread, and 2 oz of turkey breast. My morning snack was yogurt and grapes. Lunch consisted of pasta with beef (NS), a salad, and green beans. The pasta with beef tasted like it was something from the Chef (Boyardee) :) My afternoon snack was white cheddar soy chips (NS) which were OK, not as good as the nacho crisps. Dinner was chicken pasta parmesan (NS & again very Boyardee-ish), green beans, broccoli with cheese sauce, a salad with olives, and pinto beans. My dessert was a delicious oatmeal raisin cookie (NS).

The only bad thing from yesterday was riding around with my father for work yesterday. Since I wasn't driving I kept noticing every sign advertising food we passed. I bet there are 50 delicious looking BBQ places with 30 miles of here. I saw all of their ads....

No comments:

Post a Comment