Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 3


So far I've noticed a few things that I'm having to make a conscious effort to do (or not to do). I have caught myself heading to the fridge to grab a drink of OJ at random times throughout the day. Can't do that anymore. I've also noticed that I am craving salt with my meals. For years (during college and the four or five years after) I didn't even own a salt shaker. But over the past few years I've grown accustomed to lightly salting most things. Again, I know I can't do that. I bought some fake salt substitute, which appears to be potassium. It is working out OK. Kinda resembles salt. I've also realized that TV commercials suck. Seems every other commercial is about some type of nasty, delicious, fried food. I do have enough sense not to watch Anthony Bourdain's show, I'd freak out and eat whatever I could find. I've got'em on the DVR for later.

Today's foods have again been good. I started out with an egg frittata (NS, and it was great), some sugar free jello pudding, 1 1/4 cup of strawberries, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack of vanillia yogurt and stawberries was quite tasty. Lunch consisted of black bean tortilla soup (NS), a romaine lettuce salad, and 1/2 a cup of okra and tomatoes. The soup was good, but was much better after I added some of the fake salt. My afternoon snack was a bag of white cheddar soy chips. Think mini rice cakes (which I love), but only half as thick. Dinner this evening was meatloaf with mashed potatoes and tomato sauce (NS), a salad with olives, brussels sprouts, a plout, and a slice of multi-grain bread. The meatloaf was good. Again very pleased with the NS meals. For my final snack of the day I had the NS fudge brownie. Good enough. Nothing like the cream cheese brownies Kim used to make for me, but it did remind me of a brownie!

I had plenty of time for my workout today so I was able to train (back) and get in 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. The workout consisted of 3 sets of 12-15 reps of pull downs (220), seated rows (220), some sorta Bodymaster machine row, like a T-bar row (145), and I finished up with straight arm press downs (140). Not really to hard or heavy of a workout , weight wise (I forgot my wrist wraps), but I trained fairly quickly. Cardio was the norm, incline of 11, speed 3.2. For my last bit of cardio of the day, Kim & I walked one of the dogs around the lake which took about 25 minutes.

Things couldn't be going better so far. Day 4 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment