Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 12


Friday again so it's leg day at the gym. Years ago this would mean stacking caffeine pills, ephedrine pills, and an aspirin 1 hour prior to the workout to get ready. It also would mean I would be sick the rest of the day from exhaustion. Leg days are still brutal, but nothing like before. Now I prepare by eating my NS breakfast and morning snack before training. I don't train so hard that I'm sick for the rest of the day any longer, but I'm still rather tired afterward.

My workout lasted about 45 minutes today. 9 sets for quads & 6 sets for hams. After warming up on the bike for about 5 minutes I started with quads. I decided to change the order of exercises today so I started with leg presses. 3 sets of 20 reps, starting with 6 plates on each side, adding a plate each set. Next was true squats. 3 sets of 12-15, the first set with 2 plates on each side & the next two with 3 plates. By the way, when I say plate, I'm referring to a 45# weight, not a 100#. To finish off my quad workout I did 3 sets of leg extensions. About 15 reps per set. Next was hamstrings. 3 sets of leg curls and 3 sets of hyper-extensions, 15 reps per set. I knew I wasn't gonna be able to do any cardio later in the day because of all the rain we were experiencing, so I forced my self to grind out 30 minutes on the treadmill, incline 11, speed 3.3, before I left. My knees only buckled once.

For breakfast I had the harvest nut bar (NS), a banana, a slice of bayou bacon, and slice of multigrain bread. I heated the nut bar up so it was warm and chewy. My morning snack was yogurt and grapes. Lunch was Chicken and Pasta in Cacciatore Sauce (NS), and two servings of cauliflower with cheese sauce. The chicken and pasta was good. The sauce had a non Boyardee flavor which was nice for a change. Afternoon snack of BBQ soy chips (NS) which had a great BBQ flavor. Now one of my favorite snacks. Dinner was maybe the best NS meal I've had to date. Beef and Noodles in Teryaki Sauce (NS), broccoli, cauliflower with cheese sauce, black eyed peas, and a mixture of corn, tomatoes, and okra. The NS entree was great. Actually had the flavor of Chinese food. Another instant favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment