Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 6


Today is the beginning of the first weekend on NS. Saturdays are typically days when I hang around the house, rest, read, watch TV, and EAT. This weekend was different. I followed the plan as I have all week, and I added quite a bit of cardio to my day.

I went to the gym after lunch to train calves and do a little cardio. 3 sets standing raised and 3 sets seated raises for my workout. 30 minutes on the treadmill & 7 minutes on the elliptical. This morning and this evening Kim and I walked some of our dogs around the lake. I totaled around 100 minutes of cardio for the day. Vastly different than my typical Saturday.

For breakfast this morning I had the NS maple brown sugar oatmeal, egg whites, strawberries, and a slice of multi-grain bread. The oatmeal was great. As good as any other I've had. My morning snack consisted of my daily serving of yogurt along with a banana. Lunch was fettuccine alfredo (NS), zucchini, and green beans. The pasta was pretty good. Nothing like real fettuccine, but pretty good for a diet. Afternoon snack of honey mustard pretzel sticks (NS). Much better than the regular pretzels, but not my favorite thing in the world. Dinner tonight was the cheese and spinach ravioli with meat sauce (NS), a salad with olives and spinach, cauliflower with cheese sauce, broccoli with cheese sauce, and pinto beans. The ravioli was good. Kim says all meaty pasta dishes taste like spaghetti o's. I like it either way. The cauliflower and broccoli sides are Green Giant single portions with 40 & 45 calories each. My dessert was a double chocolate almond cookie (NS). Cookie was ok. Not great, just ok. Good enough that I'm not craving a reeses or some doughnuts, so it's doing its job.

One more day and then I weigh in Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment