Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 13

Today is Saturday and oddly enough my legs aren't killing my yet from yesterday's workout. Usually 2nd day soreness is much worse than any other so we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Today I've only been able to get in a single cardio workout. Kim & I walked the dogs this morning for about 1/2 an hour. The rest of the day has been a rain filled mess. Kim did walk again this evening, wearing her pink muck boots to slosh through the mud with a couple of dogs. I took a pass.

For breakfast today I tried the lowfat granola cereal (NS), bread, bacon, and some grapes. I've never been a granola kinda guy, but I loved the cereal this morning. My morning snack was grapes and jello pudding. Lunch today was Hearty Minestrone Soup (NS), broccoli & cauliflower with cheese. The minestrone soup was one of the meals I've been pushing to the back of the pantry trying to avoid it. I shouldn't have, it was good. One of the better soups I've tried to this point. My afternoon snack (eaten while making an unexpected trip to a job site) was nacho crisps. For dinner tonight I tried the Three Cheese Pasta with Chicken (NS), with broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower in cheese sauce (again this is 45 calorie per serving, Green Giant frozen veggies of which I had 2 servings), a salad with peppers and olives, and a slice of multi-grain bread.

One more day this weekend to get in some cardio and maybe a quick workout before weighing in again on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment