Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 2


Today was a busy day. I had to spend most of the day at a set of apartments we recently purchased and are having to clean up and renovate. If you're so inclined, you can read about it on my personal blog here.



For breakfast I tried the Chocolate Chip Scone along with 3 egg whites, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. Scone was the only NS food & it was very tasty. For my morning snack I again had a serving of lite vanilla yogurt and 15 grapes. Lunch and my afternoon snack were prepared at home and take with me to the job site. Lunch consisted of bean & ham soup, green beans, and mixed greens. The bean & ham soup was the NS portion of the meal and it was great. My snack was a pack of NS pretzels. They were not so great. Think stale cardboard with about 5 grains of salt. The next time I try to eat the pretzels I think I'm gonna use some of the fat free, calorie free salad dressing we have. Hopefully that will help the pretzels. It could have had something to do with when I ate them. It was hot and very humid (I did find the only shade near the building) and I had to force the pretzels down with 2 bottles of water. Once home from work I (with Kim's help) prepared dinner. I had the Zesty Cajun Style Chicken and Sausage with Brown Rice (the NS portion) along with broccoli, okra & tomatoes, a salad with olives, and black-eyed peas. The Zesty Chicken meal was pretty good. I added a dash of fake salt substitute to the dish and it was much better. Finally, for my last snack of the day I tried the NS Chocolate Nougat Bar with Peanuts and Caramel. Good, you wouldn't mistake it for a Snickers, but not bad at all.

My workout today was hurried. I had to train fast and then hurry to the job site. I trained shoulders but didn't have time to do cardio. My workout consisted of 3 different exercises, 3 sets each, with 12-15 reps each. I shoulder pressed 230 for each of my 3 sets, side lateral raised with the entire stack for all 3 sets, and finished with 3 sets of upright rows @ 140 for each set. I was upset that I didn't have time to do cardio, but ultimately it wouldn't matter. My day at work had me working in a non AC apartment (I live in Georgia, so it's hot) and running up and down flights of stairs for hours. Finally this evening Kim & I walked our Jack Russell around the lake for about 30 minutes.

So far so good on the program. I haven't been hungry, or felt weak, and really haven't had a bad tasting thing yet. On to day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment