Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 5

Friday is the day my weekly leg workout falls on. So today I planned my meal times around the workout. Luckily all I had to do different was push my lunch back a few minutes.

Breakfast today was nutriflakes cereal (NS) with bananas, multi-grain bread, a cup of coffee, and a 1 oz serving of Bayou Bacon! The single serving amounted to one slice of bacon, but it was wonderful. My morning (pre-workout) snack was yogurt & grapes. Lunch today was cheese tortellini (NS), broccoli, & green beans. I enjoyed the cheese tortellini very much (it did kinda have a spaghetti-o's taste, which is fine because I occasionally like a can of the o's). My afternoon snack was a bag of zesty herb snack mix (NS) which was good as well. Dinner tonight was macaroni & cheese with beef (NS), a salad with my nightly 5 olives, cauliflower with a cheese sauce (total of 40 calories and it was very tasty), a serving of zucchini, and a slice of multi-grain bread. Loved the macaroni meal, it reminded me of hamburger helper's cheeseburger macaroni meal. Dessert was a chocolate chip cookie (NS). The cookie was good enough to satisfy my nightly sweets craving.

A word on the bacon from breakfast. For my birthday Kim bought me a subscription to the
bacon of the month club. Typically I'd eat 1/2 the pack in a setting. Today I had 1 slice. This is what I want to continue to do. Exercise a little self control. Enjoy food, don't be a glutton.

My leg workout was a pretty good one. Squatted 3 sets (around 300), leg pressed 3 sets (aroun 700), and finished up with 3 sets of leg extensions (around 145). For hamstrings I did 3 sets of leg curls (145-160) and 3 sets of hyper-extensions. My cardio workout was cut short because after 12 minutes my knees began to buckle. I didn't want to fall on the treadmill, so I decided to head on home. This evening Kim and I walked about 1/2 of our usual route due to inclement weather. So for the day I managed about 35 minutes total of cardio for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment