Saturday, March 13, 2010

Awful Leg Workout

This post if for Friday, March 12th, 2010.

Friday = Leg day for me at the gym. I began the day with 30 minutes (9 miles) on the spin bike. I ate breakfast and a snack before going to the gym to make sure I had enough energy to make it through the workout. At the gym I ran 3.6 miles on the treadmill and was then ready to train. This would end up being one of the worst leg workouts in memory. It seemed to take forever. I felt hot again the entire time. By the end of the workout I couldn't use my towel to clean off the machines after each exercise because the towel was so wet it wasn't doing any good. I had to use my sweatshirt to dry off the last few machines. I lost over 4 pounds during the running and workout. Anyway, I did 3 sets of leg extensions, 3 sets of hack squats, 3 sets of horizontal leg presses, 3 sets of seated leg curs, 3 sets of stiff leg dead lifts, and 3 sets of hyper extensions. Every rep was difficult and deliberate. I guess usually when I train I feel so strong I catch a groove and power my way through a lot of the workout. After all of the cardio that's not really an option. The rest of the day I was useless. I didn't even attempt a third cardio session late. I sat on the sofa and watched days worth of stuff on the DVR.

I only have cardio and abs tomorrow. Maybe I'll recover well over the weekend.

Pic below is from Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment