Thursday, March 18, 2010

So Much Sodium!

This post is for Wednesday, March 17th, 2010.

Today I switched things up a bit. I ran around the lake before going to the gym. No big dogs on the run today, just me and Jumping Jack Flash. Pretty easy run overall. I'm still not used to running on real ground, up and down hills, uneven dirt roads, etc. I'm finding it akward trying to set a pace. I'm all over the place with it now. Starting to fast, finishing to slow. Hills are throwing me off. After the run around the lake I changed and headed to they gym. I ran 3.3 miles on the treadmill (plus the 2.2 at the lake for a total of 5.5 miles) before starting my back workout. I began the workout with 2 sets of pull-ups (just awful), followed by 3 sets of pull-downs, 3 sets of T-bar rows, 3 sets of seated rows, and 3 sets of straight arm press downs. Between the second and third sets of the pull-downs I realized I was about to cry. Over the years I've had lots of "experiences" during workouts. I've vomited often, passed out, bled, even shed a tear while actually exercising, but this was the first time I've ever almost cried from shear exhaustion WHILE RESTING between sets. I laughed at myself, got some water, and moved on. Good times. After the workout I jumped on the elliptical machine for a final 10 minute cardio session for the day. BB showed an almost 4000 calorie burn for the day. WooHoo!

Good food day calorie wise. Not so good on the sodium front. We went shopping last night to find some lower sodium items for me to eat. Got some chicken and shrimp to eat either at lunch or dinner. EVERYTHING I looked at was loaded with sodium. Guess I'm gonna be eating lots of salads, veggies, and grilled chicken/shrimp. The protein shakes that I've used on and off for years are LOADED with sodium. So last night I found the brand I used way back in college, Designer Protein. Much, much less sodium and calories.

Below is yet another pic from vacation. This is "Pinchy." He(she?) was on the steps leading to our room one morning. I bent down to get a pic and the claws came up, ready for battle. I haven't unloaded my camera gear yet, so that's why I'm not posting any food pics right now. Maybe this weekend I'll get motivated and unpack all my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment