Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spin, Run, & a Sick Baby

This post if for Wednesday, March 10th, 2010.

I woke up and hit the spin bike to begin my cardio for the day. I've been making up my own riding routine for the past few days as I watch SportsCenter and I've been going a little further (mileage wise) than usual. Typically I get 8.5 miles in during a ride but the past day or two, not following a DVD workout I've logged 9+ miles each ride. Must be because I don't slow down so much during the cool down when not using the DVD. After the bike I cleaned up and headed to the gym early. 3.3 miles on the treadmill and then I trained back. It was HOT (to me anyway) in the gym and I felt like I was dying on the treadmill. The workout was quick (only 9 sets total) beginning with 3 sets of pull-downs, then 3 sets of T-Bar rows, and finishing with 3 sets of serratus exercises (straight arm press downs).

After finishing up at the gym I raced home, cleaned up again, and then rode with my parents to visit my sister and her family. Oliver (nephew) has a double ear infection and a terrible cough. We relieved the parents so they could go out and eat lunch and get a little break from the sick baby. He woke after they left and was in a rather good mood, to be so sick. We played, had lunch at FireHouse Subs (I had a turkey sandwich on wheat, no mayo, no cheese, lettuce and onions, plus some delicious Cholula hot sauce) and then headed back home in the rain before Atlanta rush hour began.

The rest of my meals for the day were NS, plus a peanut butter sandwich instead of dessert late in the evening. I've also been eating 90 calorie granola bars in the place of my snacks. I'm still on a granola kick. The snacks have kinda fallen in the time just before or just after training, so it's worked out well with regards to keeping me from feeling so hungry during/after workouts.

Only 2 cardio sessions on the day. I've felt a little sore from the running so I decided to lay off the third cardio session and rest.

Pics of Oliver playing with his grandparents (my sister has taken to calling the grandparents "The Saints" for all of the help they give to her by taking care of the baby) below.

No comments:

Post a Comment