Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Left for Vacation With My Girlfriend, Came Home With My Fiancee.

Yup, we got engaged while on our vacation! Along with the engagement (you can read more about it on my personal blog over the next few weeks here) we had a wonderful trip. We saw dolphins, monkeys, sloths, falcons, butterflies, hummingbirds, and countless iguanas. I ate like a king (maybe more like a fool) and loved every minute of it. I discovered a new delightful treat (new to me anyway) dulce de leche (caramelized condensed milk). I LOVE it. I ate it on everything I could spread it on. We zipped through the canopy, rode horses, sailed during sunset, and hung out on a couple of beautiful beaches. Our hotel/resort was fantastic. Kim cried when we arrived because it was so beautiful, and she cried when we had to leave. What a trip! I shot over THREE THOUSAND photos (OK, so that's really not that many for me, last vacation I shot over 1o00 per day) and hope to have some posted later tonight. I'll post a link when they're available.

Monday morning I returned to NS (I now have a wedding to get ready for!) and the gym. I trained chest, ran 3.3 miles, and biked 8.5 miles. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. Today we (mom & I) trained shoulders after cardio. For cardio I ran 3.5 miles (back to normal) on the treadmill and then ran 2.2 more miles at home around the lake. This was my first "trail" running experience. Quite different from running on the treadmill. It'll take some getting used to, but I ran the trail we usually walk with no problem. I outpaced the Jack Russell (he let me win) over the 2+ miles. 6 months ago I couldn't run from my living room to the kitchen. Crazy.

Anyway, good trip, but good to be home. Good to be back eating right and training. Photos soon!

Ok, one photo. This is the view we woke up to on the first morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment