Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stil Running (Day 220)

This morning I was able to run outside again. Things were still a bit muddy, but not to bad. Jumping Jack Flash and I took off at a moderate pace around the lake. I ran my usual route, but then doubled up on the back portion of the property, extending the run from 2.2 to 3.4 miles. My pace ended up being much slower than what I'm used to running on the treadmill. Damn hills (and mud). Great workout though. A little later in the day I hit the gym and did another 2.9 miles on the treadmill. The first 2 miles were at 7mph with the rest of the time at a slower jog, then finishing up with a slow pace uphill. My workout for the day was back. I forgot my lifting straps & training belt (thinking more about the cardio instead of what I needed to train with, I guess) so no pull-ups today. I began with 3 sets of hammer strength pull downs, followed by 3 sets of hammer strength low rows, and finally 3 sets of lat pull-downs. Kinda pathetic workout really. I was very fatigued by the end though. I was resting between sets and my arm and back muscles began to twitch/tremble. This is an improvement from last week when I wanted to cry between sets from exhaustion. The only other cardio of the day was about a mile and a half walk with Kim late this evening after dinner.

Today I didn't eat a bit of NS. I didn't mean to, it just worked out that way. Lots of chicken breasts, a protein shake, grilled blackened fish, salad, and cereal. My sodium intake today was the lowest recorded yet.

Tomorrow I'll try to ease up on the total miles I run (one session outside before the rain returns & one on the treadmill) and get in some time on the spin bike. Hopefully we'll be able to get Kim's C25K workout in as well.

Pic below is my dinner. Grilled blackened salmon with a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment