Saturday, March 27, 2010

Horse in My Yard, Star Trails (Day 222)



This post is for Friday, March 26th, 2010.

I was unable to run outside because of all of the rain on Thursday night, so I started my training for the day on the treadmill at the gym. I wanted to do the same routine as last Friday when I ran with DJ. I ended up changing it just a bit. I walked uphill for 10 minutes to get warmed up then ran 5 minute intervals at 8, 7, and 6 mph. Next I walked for another 10 minutes and then repeated the intervals again. Finally I walked another 10 minutes to cool down. Not a bad workout at all. 60 minutes and over 5 miles with half of the time spent walking. I planned on training legs after finishing up with the treadmill but just as I finished Kim walked in the gym. She smiled and told me she'd lost her house keys and was locked out. Perfect reason to push the leg workout a day and go home to have lunch with Kim!

We had a healthy lunch (chicken for me, veggies and a soy burger for her) and then went our separate ways to finish up the day. I had a quick meeting with an accountant then off to the grocery store. I stocked up on chicken breasts and found some fish I planned on grilling us for dinner. We ended up going to a little place in town for dinner. Kim had crab legs, and I planned on having oysters, but I ended up with catfish (fried) and chicken wings..... I've been craving fried fish for 8 months & this is only the 2nd time I've had any. 2nd time for wings as well. I felt like poo afterward.

I waddled home and plopped down on the sofa as Kim went to visit a friend for the evening. I thought of riding the spin bike, but just couldn't get motivated. I'd resigned myself to resting with the Pug for the evening. A little later I heard my big dogs going crazy outside. It was about time to bring them in for the night so I got up and walked to the back door to let them in. I opened the door to find a man on a horse standing in my yard. My dogs were going bananas! Before I go on I should say we get a fair amount of weirdness at our lake. People are always trying to sneak in to hunt, fish, hang out, do stuff they shouldn't be doing, etc. So we're kinda used to finding people on our property that shouldn't be there. This is only about the 2nd time I've seen someone on a horse on the property. The other time they were a long way from my house and I knew the person (neighbors who have permission). So as I see the Lone Ranger in my back yard I really don't know how to greet him. I lamely wave and say hi. In response the man wheels the horse around, goes all Hi Ho Silver on me, and takes off at a gallop riding toward the barn, though my yard and the neighbor's yard, and into the night. Now I'm compelled to chase after the horseman to see why he ran and what he's doing on my property. So I did end up getting more cardio in last night. I quickly brought the dogs in, grabbed a high powered flashlight, my night vision gear, and side arm. Next I'm running through the night trying to catch up to a galloping horse. 2 miles later I gave up. The tracks vanished once the rider left the dirt road around our lake. I walked around and hung out in the dark for a bit to see if they ever came back. Nothing. All in all I guess it was a pretty normal night at our lake.

Since I was out late, in the dark I took the opportunity to shoot some star trail pics. This is a composite of about 99 photos (each 30 seconds long) of the stars above my house. I shifted the sky to blue to try to eleminate the horrible color from the sodium vapor light near our house (those terrible orange security lights, I HATE those things).


Tomorrow I'm gonna run outside (I hope), train legs, and grill my chicken and fish. Good sounding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment