Friday, March 26, 2010

Running in the Rain (Day 221)

This post is for Thursday, March 25, 2010.

The rains hadn't started yet when I woke up, so JJF and I headed out on a jog around the lake. About a mile & a half in, the rain began. Never more than a good drizzle, but cool and wet none the less. We finished up with a 3 mile jog before the forecast heavy rain arrived around 9AM. The rain ended up arriving around 9PM....

At the gym I ran another 1.8 miles on the treadmill and then finished up with 1.7 on the elliptical. So on the day I only ended up with an hour of cardio and around 6.3 miles. I trained arms after the cardio at the gym. 3 sets of press downs and 3 sets of overhead presses for triceps, followed by 3 sets of standing dumbbell curls and 3 sets of straight bar curls for biceps. Fast, heavy, and finished. The total muscular workout lasted less than 15 minutes.

Another pretty good food day. I had a NS snack (chocolate rainbow delight) as my only NS item of the day. The rest of my meals were either grilled chicken breasts, salads, protein shakes, or granola. I ended up eating to much cereal late because I ran out of chicken. Lazy, I know. Any way, I ended up with about 1700 calorie deficit on the day. It's sad, but I just can't burn 4000 calories anymore without doing 3 cardio sessions a day. I've been trying to get it with just two, but I'm falling short. So back to three it will be.

My sodium intake was low again today. Not much NS and again a low sodium day. That is my only concern with NS. Everything else has been so great (and the sodium levels get you just about the recommended amount, give or take a little) so I guess it's not really that bad.

Tomorrow is leg day! Woohoo! At least I didn't forget about it this week...

Pic is another from Costa Rica. That isn't me in the waterfall. We didn't know about doing this until it was to late to try it. Did make for a cool photo though.

No comments:

Post a Comment