Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Running With the Big Dogs, Canceling NS, and Another Costa Rica Picture

This post is for Tuesday, March 16th, 2010.

Today I decided to cancel the auto-delivery of Nutrisystem. I have almost two month's worth of food remaining (a month of my food, and quite a bit of Kim's last order) so I'm not stopping the program quite yet. I am planning on transitioning myself off slowly though. My training, healthy eating, and blogging will continue as usual. Just no more auto delivery.

I ran outside again along with my treadmill work today. I took one of our big dogs (the 70+ pound Zoey) along with Jumping Jack Flash and I on the run. She did great for the first mile. She was dragging me along behind her at a full on sprint. The next 1.2 miles she was behind me. She wanted to stop and drink from every mud puddle, sniff of every leaf/tree/whatever so she could rest. I let her drink some, but dragged her away from her sniffing rest spots. I'm gonna try to take Daisy running tomorrow (she's around 80#s). Along with the outside running I got in 3.7 miles on the treadmill. I varied my treadmill work by doing the fast paced part of the run first, then slowing over the rest. The first miles was less than 8 minutes (hey, that's fast for me), the second mile was 8 minutes even (still fast for me), but the third mile slowed considerably. I think the third was just under 9 minutes. The remaining time on the treadmill was at a nice, slow, 10 minute mile pace. After the treadmill I trained shoulders. 3 sets machine military presses, 3 sets dumbbell side lateral raises, 3 sets of smith machine upright rows, and finally 3 sets of shoulder shrugs. The weight training is still good (probably intense for most) but it's become almost an afterthought with all of the cardio I'm working on. Never thought it would be this way, but I'm very happy with it now.

My sodium intake was still higher than I wanted today. Protein was much better (I added 2 protein shakes). More salads/fresh veggies instead of frozen veggies to help with the sodium issue. Still a little hungry at night. I've gotta work on that. Either another protein shake, cereal, or something.

Pic is another from the Costa Rica vacation. This is our first morning on a deserted beach called Playa Biesanz. One of the most beautiful places either of us has ever seen. Later this same day I proposed. An absolute perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment