Friday, March 12, 2010

Running Hot & A Monkey

This post is for Thursday, March 11th, 2010.

I began the day backing up about 65 GB worth of photos and video from our trip to Costa Rica. At least I'll sleep better now knowing everything is backed up here and off-site as well. I'm in the process of finding a relatively large RAID network storage device, I'm just not looking forward to paying for it.

After finishing up with the backup I met my mother at the gym for our morning workout. We began on the treadmill. I ran about 3.7 miles and again I was dying it felt so hot. I know they can't turn on the AC yet, but it's awful for me in there now. After cardio we trained arms. 3 sets of triceps press downs, & 3 sets of overhead presses. Biceps followed with 3 sets of dumbbell curls & 3 sets of cable curls.

Later in afternoon Kim came home from work and had about 2 hours before she had to be back so we changed and went back to the gym so she could get in her first post vacation workout. We started with about 20 minutes on the treadmill. I ran intervals and got in a little over 2.3 miles bringing me up to around 6 miles on the day. She trained shoulders quickly afterward. 3 sets of dumbbell military presses and then 3 super sets of side lateral raises/front raises. Again, I felt HOT while in the gym. Last evening I hit the spin bike for only 15 minutes. I felt tired and knowing I have to train legs on Friday I decided to only do half the regular amount on the bike.

I had a good food day. NS along with some granola and a PB sandwich. I've decided that I'm gonna stop tracking food on NS. I'm gonna switch the food tracking to the BodyBugg website. I hope to slowly make the switch back to normal food over the next few months and I'd like to already be using the food tracker there when I do. I think when I do begin mixing non NS meals into the diet again I'm gonna begin mostly with high protein meals (chicken breasts, the occasional steak, etc.) but still keep the calorie count under 2000. This will probably occur when the weather is nice enough for me to roll the grill back out and begin cooking outside. Anyway, I've still got a few months to figure it out.

Below is one of the monkeys we ran across in Costa Rica. Once we knew where to look, they were everywhere. Quality isn't great. It was very early in morning (not much light) and deep into the forest so even less light.

No comments:

Post a Comment