Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Recap of the Past Few Days (Day 227)

My laptop is still in for repairs, so I'm trying to catch up on my posts with an old machine.

Saturday Kim and I jogged around the lake for her C25K work, then I went to the gym and did another 3+ miles on the treadmill, followed by a leg workout. At that point I thought I was finished for the day. I returned home and was greeted by Kim, who was ready to take one more little run around the lake. I ended up doing almost 9 miles of jogging + the leg workout.

Sunday I was exhausted, sore, and in need of rest. So I did absolutely nothing. I ate OK, but I didn't do any exercise at all. I realized late in the day that I was in a foul mood because I didn't train at all. Kinda grumpy and feeling like a waste for not doing some sorta exercise.

Monday I jogged early with Kim around the lake, then hit the gym for another 3+ miles on the treadmill, followed by a chest workout with my mother. Monday afternoon we went shopping for Kim's Birthday. I made a decent lunch choice and drug my mother to get sushi. Well, I had sashimi (some delicious blue fin tuna) and she had yakitori. She was a little hesitant to begin with, but after the first bite she was all about it. She had chicken, salmon, pork, & bacon wrapped scallops. Now mom can eat with me for lunch more often!

Tuesday I ran 3 miles in the morning (Kim had to work), followed by 3 more on the treadmill, then a shoulder workout. I didn't do any other cardio the rest of the day. We went out to eat (and deliver my Mac to the repair center) for Kim's Birthday late in the evening. We ended up eating at a great little pizza place in Chattanooga called Lupi's. You can order pizza by the slice so we didn't over eat. Stopping for Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry's after dinner didn't help with the healthy eating, but it was her birthday, thus a great excuse to get some ICE CREAM!

Today I got up and ran 3+ miles around the lake with Jumping Jack Flash, did 3 more miles on the treadmill at the gym, trained back, then did 15 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Tonight we're planning on running the track around the lake after Kim gets in from work. She's kinda getting excited about training for the Warrior Dash now. She's also very concerned about being able to run the whole thing. I keep telling her she's doing well and will be ready by the day of the run.

The mac should be repaired and back home within a few days. I didn't realize until it was broken how much I use it. All of my photo and video editing is done on it. All of my food logging, blogging, menu planning, etc. is done on it as well. We have quite a few PC's in the house (using one now) but they're tied to a particular room, and most are so OLD and slow.

Below is a map of route we run here at the lake.


View Running Track Around Moss Lake in a larger map

If I could get a week or two in a row without a birthday party, a dinner, or other special occasion (like last weekend's uncontrollable fried fish craving) I'll be back at my weight before we went on vacation. I'm close now. As soon as the mac returns I'll post a new "Warrior Beard" pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment