Thursday, April 1, 2010

11 Mile Day & Eating Post NS (Day 228)

Yesterday I ended up with the most cardio I've done to date. Over 11 miles of running or elliptical. Less than 2 miles were on the elliptical. I burned over 5000 calories yesterday (according to the bodybugg). Obviously cardio work has become the dominating part of my workouts. I'm still training with weights, typically 6 days a week. But the cardio has really taken over. Most of the things I do now are done in prep/support of the cardio workouts. What I eat, what I drink, the times of meals, etc. I also make sure I get whatever else I have to do during the day finished as quickly as possible so it won't disrupt the planned workouts.

My meals have changed somewhat since beginning the transition off of NS. My breakfasts now consist of a cup of coffee, a bowl of granola cereal (I'm loving Cascadian Farm's Maple Brown Sugar Granola Cereal) and a serving of Fage' 2% Greek Yogurt (with some sorta fruit or honey topping). My morning snack is usually a Protein Shake (currently still using Labrada Lean Body Chocolate). Lunch is a grilled chicken breast (between 4-6 oz). My afternoon snack lately has been a Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter Sandwich (love that stuff, and it has less calories than regular peanut butter). Dinner is grilled fish as of late, with a salad, and some other veggie. Dessert is a Skinny Cow Ice Cream treat of some sort. I have been eating one additional thing after dessert (just been hungry), which I'm cutting out. Some days my calories get up as high as 2100-2200. Yesterday I didn't break 1800. I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks of "on" plan eating (no reasons in the near future for an off meal) and hard training to see how I manage with continued weight loss using non NS foods.

Below is last night's dinner. Arugula salad with veggies, some low fat dressing, a little rice (I've been craving rice like crazy) and seared sea scallops, topped with a little Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment