Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekend Away @ Brook Green Gardens

Kim and I took the past weekend off and traveled to Myrtle Beach. I did run the first day we were there, but then decided to give my sore calf a rest. It worked out well as we had a rainy day on Sunday, and then Monday was the all day drive home.

We really love getting to go to the condo when we can. It was still a little to cool for the beach, but we really enjoy getting to relax, have a few nice meals out, and do.....nothing. We did go back to Brook Green Gardens (twice actually) and viewed the new butterfly exhibit. We also went to Wilmington for dinner with friends on Friday evening and had a delightful meal (lamb shank over grits & a colossal creme brulee).



My plan for returning to running and the gym fell apart on Tuesday. I woke up about 4AM Tuesday morning sick as a dog. I spent the rest of the day between the sofa and the bed. Hope Wednesday is better. I want to at least ride the bike, workout, and try to walk. I'll work my way back to running.

Sideshow of pics from the gardens below.

Brook Green Gardens from Zane Hollingsworth on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment