Saturday, April 10, 2010

Busy Day (Day 238)

This post is for Friday, April 9th, 2010.

My day began early releasing the hounds, drinking coffee, and having my new favorite breakfast of Cascadian Farms Organic Maple Brown Sugar Granola Cereal. I then roused Kim up and as she got ready for work I got in 30 minutes on the spin bike. After my ride I worked on some more book work and prepared to hit the gym.

I'm a day behind with my workouts due to the day I missed with the life insurance exam earlier in the week, so I was due to train arms instead of legs. I decided this would give me the opportunity to get in a good amount of time on the treadmill pre-workout since I didn't have to worry about my legs being weak afterward. I did a combo of intervals/jogging/walking for 60 minutes. I felt great afterward. Even with a good bit of walking/recovery after the intervals I still did 6+ miles in less than 60 minutes. The arm workout was kinda ho-hum. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of reverse grip press downs for triceps. Biceps consisted of 3 sets of heavy dumbbell curls, then 3 sets of cable curls with a straight bar.

I spent the rest of the day trying to run errands around town and get my meals in. While shopping I found lots of fish on sale which I snatched up. So Kim and I have a weekend of salmon, tuna, scallops, and shrimp to look forward to. Late in the evening after dinner, Kim the Pug and I walked about a mile and a half for my final exercise of the day. BodyBugg reports 4200+ calories burned and I took in less than 2200.

This weekend we should get in a couple of runs for Kim, a leg workout, and a lot of late night baseball (the Braves are in San Francisco so Saturday's game doesn't start until after 10PM). Have a good weekend everyone.

Random Picture of the day. My new neighbor has moved in across the street. I've ever so cleverly named him Mr. Hawk....

No comments:

Post a Comment