Saturday, April 3, 2010

Training, Grilling & One Precious Pug (with pics -Day 230)

This post is for Thursday and Friday, April 1 & 2, 2010.

The past couple of days have been brutal, training wise. Thursday I did intervals with Kim in the AM, ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill at the gym, trained arms, 1 mile on the elliptical, rode 10 miles on the spin bike, and finally ran one more short interval with Kim late in the evening. 10 miles running/elliptical and 10 miles on the bike. Friday I ran alone around the lake early in the morning, then did 3.5 more miles at the gym, then I trained legs. I actually had a good leg workout. I felt relatively strong. I had planned on running or doing intervals again late, but by the time Kim got in from work my legs were already sore from the workout. In general since making the switch off of NS foods (for the most part) & increasing the running, I've been getting crazy sore after my workouts. I always get sore, but this is like I've never worked out before sore. Feels good, in a "oh my gawd I'm freaking sore" kinda way.

@Lili - my carb intake % is about 42-45%. Protein is about 38-40%. Fat makes up the rest. I would like to drop the carb level a little, drop the fat a little, and pick up the protein. Don't know if that's really possible right now with all of the running. Maybe after the "warrior dash" I'll alter my diet further and drop off some of the PB or rice. Food right now is great. Lots of grilled chicken breasts, salads, and grilled fish. One day I'm gonna add a small steak (4-6 oz.). Not yet, I'm loving the fish too much right now.

Saturday I'm gonna run a few times (well, I plan to anyway), train abs, watch the final Braves spring training game, and get in one session on the spin bike. I've already bought salmon and shrimp for dinner so I know we're grilling out again (this way I won't cave and end up eating out somewhere).

Pic below is of the pug. She had just finished a bit of my mahi-mahi. The meal she finished off is below the pug (mahi-mahi, salad, & spaghetti squash).

No comments:

Post a Comment