Thursday, April 29, 2010

Working My Way Back & The End of the Warrior Beard

Wednesday's workout fell a bit short of what I wanted. After being sick for all day Tuesday (and not training at all) I managed to get in a 35 minute ride on the spin bike. Not to bad, but I felt exhausted afterward. After dinner, Kim, Jumping Jack Flash, and I walked about a mile and a half around the lake. Oddly enough, everything hurt. I really thought I'd feel better after taking a weekend + a few days off.

Since being sick I've ate a lot of cereal. That's really all I've felt like eating. Well under 2000 calories for Tuesday. BB showed a burn of a little over 3000.

Thursday I'm gonna try to spin for at least an hour, and run no less than 3 miles (on the treadmill, I don't feel ready to run outside yet).

I received an email from the organizers of the "Warrior Dash" a few days ago with updates concerning the race in late may. I've been growing a "Warrior Beard" for about 2 months so I could enter the Best Warrior Beard contest. The email explained that the contest would be held about 4 hours after we will finish the race. We have at least a 3 hour drive home, so I won't be there for the contest. Booo! So the beard is already gone. Below is a pic from its last night with me. Good bye Warrior Beard!

No comments:

Post a Comment