Monday, April 5, 2010

Giving Up PB (Day 233)

We had a great weekend. We watched some baseball, had dinner with friends, visited with family, and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We also trained a good bit.

Saturday I ran ~6 miles and biked about 20. Sunday Kim and I jogged intervals in the morning, then I rode the bike about 30 minutes before we went out for the day. Once home for the evening I ran (jogged, whatever) another 3 miles. The evening run was terrible. It was about 85 degrees, I was running on a full stomach, and I kept catching minor cramps in my abs and calves. But I finished the run.

With all of the cardio I've been getting in each day I've expected to lose some of the last bit of weight I gained on vacation. Well, it's not really happening. The only thing I can think of is I'm eating to much Peanut Butter. So my next step is to remove the beloved PB from my diet for awhile and see how things go. I'm still tweaking other areas (like amount of calories per meal, ratio of carbs to protein, etc.) of my eating as well. I think I was eating too large of a breakfast for a week or two. I'm down to granola cereal before my run now.

Today I get to go back to the dentist. WooHoo! I've also got to find some fish for us to have for dinner, get some more gas for the grill, workout, and hopefully run again late in the day (after the dentist). Tomorrow I get to experience a physical for a life insurance policy. Even more fun....

Spring has arrived in Georgia. Everything is in bloom. I'll get to run around with my camera over the next few weeks taking pictures of flowers (one of my favorite subjects). So on that note, some of the first flowers to bloom below, and one of my other favorite subjects follows...

No comments:

Post a Comment