Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Grilled Tofu (Day 241)

This post is for Monday, April 12th, 2010.

Monday began with my typical breakfast of coffee and a bowl of granola cereal. I waited on the temps to warm just a bit and then headed out on my morning jog. I ran the usual 3.1 mile route, stopping briefly to retie my shoes about a mile in. I finished in less than 30 minutes, which is pretty good considering the hills, the pause for shoe lace tying, and uneven terrain. I had a pre-workout snack and then headed to the gym. I started on the treadmill running intervals between 6 & 8 mph, one minute each, for the first 3 miles. Then I backed off into a walk for a few minutes. Kim arrived at the gym to get in a little cardio, so I stayed on the treadmill and ended up jogging some more and got in a total of 4.4 miles. She headed home to clean up and have lunch and I began my chest workout. 3 sets of machine presses, 3 sets of a different type of chest press, 3 sets of incline presses, and 3 sets of machine flies.

Once home I had some lunch and then got ready to try to find us some fish and chicken to grill over the next few nights. While stocking up on grill items, I made the mistake of buying a small can of wassabi almonds. Dumb. I ended up eating most of the entire can. Won't make that mistake again at the grocery store. ;)

We grilled tofu (with a little BBQ sauce on it) for dinner and it was great. That's definitely something we'll have to add to the rotation of our dinners. After dinner we took Jumping Jack Flash on a 2 mile, easy walk around the lake. So on the day I totaled 9.5 miles. Roughly 7.5 jogging/running, and the rest at a leisurely walk.

@Lili - I don't know if I'll carb load for the race or not. I don't really think I'll need to since I'm already used to running a good bit more than the actual distance of the race. I need to do some research and see how to properly prepare. This race (for Kim and I anyway) is all for fun. I think we (maybe just Kim) are gonna run in costumes. I do know that I will NOT be training legs the week of the run. I'm afraid I'll get to the fire pit, try to jump it, and land in the middle of the fire. So no squatting or leg pressing leading up to the run. Also, I don't know if you saw my response to the question about protein so I'm gonna re-post it below.

"@Lili - I've been taking in around 180-200 grams of protein per day. The % ends up being between 38-45%. Usually landing right around the 40% mark. 40-45% carbs (still kinda high compared to how I used to eat back when I trained with the bodybuilders) and the rest as fat. My calories feel high, but I know they're not. Just gotta get used to a different daily level. I am cycling down on protein/calories on my off days from running and training. That ends up usually being one day per week. I throw in one high calorie day as well, typically the day before the low day. Weird, I know..."

Pic below is our grilled tofu!

No comments:

Post a Comment