Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dentist, Exam, and a Hawk (Day 235)

Since the last post I've survived the dentist visit and completed my exam for a life insurance policy. Everything went extremely well. The dentist visit was actually enjoyable (the numbness was kinda cool, plus the staff at the new Dr.'s is great) and the physical was very quick, and painless. My resting heart rate was under 50 (~48bpm), my blood pressure was all good, weight and height measurements were relatively close to what I measure here, so all in all a good exam. The nurse verified I was in fact alive, didn't have anything that looked like I was going to die from any time soon, so hopefully I'll have a policy in place within a few days.

Monday I trained chest, ran about 6.5 miles, and did another mile and a half on the elliptical. I had some time to kill before I had to be at the dentist, so I hit the spin bike at home for 30 more minutes before going to get the first fillings I've ever needed.

Tuesday I was told by the insurance agent not to exercise, or eat, or drink any coffee, or do anything before the exam. So I waited, and waited, catching myself almost pouring a cup of coffee, or making a bowl of cereal. Once the exam was over I was in an ill mood from lack of food and not getting in my morning run. As I was about to make a protein shake my parents called and invited me to lunch with them and my sister. I decided since I was starving I'd go eat with them. After lunch I decided to take the day off. I felt tired, and weak, and I'd run about ten days in a row without any rest. So I rested Tuesday.

Tuesday evening I went to the big city of Chattanooga and picked up my newly repaired Mac Book Pro. Apple repaired all issues (even though the warranty expired 2 years ago) for free. I. Love. Apple.

Wednesday will be back to running, eating on plan, and training. Plus with a Braves game on in the evening I'll be sure to get in some additional time on the spin bike while watching the game.

Below is a picture of a Red Shouldered Hawk that made an appearance this morning as I was having breakfast and coffee on the front porch. Shot with an old, slow, Sony A100 DSLR, Sigma 500mm lens, on a Gitzo Monopod. I'm about 150 yards away, 50 foot below the hawk.


No comments:

Post a Comment