Monday, April 19, 2010

Good Weekend.

Saturday Kim and I decided not to run. Instead we played some tennis. I loved tennis when I was in high school and a few years after. But I haven't set foot on a court in about 15 years or so. It was pathetic. I mis-hit more shots in the hour we were there than I mis-hit in 10 years when I played before. I tried some serves. Terrible. Two out of ten went in. By the end I had regained a little bit of a swing and could volley well from the net. Kim didn't have too much fun, she expected to be able to hit the ball well. I reminded her it was only the 2nd time she'd tried to play tennis as an adult and that we were there just to get some exercise and have fun. As a result of the tennis, I'm now sore all over. I'm sore in weird places from running at a sprint, from serving, lunging, etc. We did have a pretty good workout and I hope we can go play again and have a more relaxed, enjoyable time.

Sunday we did go for a nice jog around mid morning. Kim had the best run so far. She pushed about a mile and a half before we stopped. We only walked a small portion of the route before returning to a jog and finishing the 3 miles. I went to the gym and ran another 3 (and felt terrible the entire run) and then trained abs.

Sunday evening my parents joined us for grilled fish, spaghetti squash, grilled veggies, and a salad. The rest of the weekend we ate pretty healthy, other than Saturday night, which we took off completely.

Monday is back to the 6 miles a day + the usual workouts. A little over a month to go before Warrior Dash, then I can ease up on the running some.

No comments:

Post a Comment